Japan Karate Association (JKA) Australia Inc. (“JKAA”) teaches traditional Shotokan-style karate. Shotokan karate is a non-aggressive self defence martial art. Our instructors are certified by JKA HQ based in Tokyo, Japan.
The purpose of JKAA is to develop and promote JKA Shotokan karate in Australia. The standards taught are of the highest level in keeping with the technical requirements set by JKA HQ.
Our goal is to maintain these standards, to grow and to help all our students achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Karate helps develop strength, coordination and agility and can be practised at any time and in any place, for any length of time by men, women and children. It requires no special equipment.
Karate fosters the development of spiritual qualities: courage, courtesy, integrity, humility and self-control.
LATEST NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
- JKA HQ Dan Grading Examination Results – April 2021
- 6th JKAA Instructors Training Seminar – 22-23 May 2021
- JKAA Dan Grading & Accreditation Examination Results – March 2021
- Cancellation of Funakoshi Gichin Cup 15th Karate World Championship Tournament
- JKA Greater Melbourne – North Melbourne Branch – Monthly Senbon Geiko Training
JKAA branches can be found in various locations spread across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland.