Japan Karate Association (JKA) Australia Inc. (“JKAA”) teaches traditional Shotokan-style karate. Shotokan karate is a non-aggressive self defence martial art. Our instructors are certified by JKA HQ based in Tokyo, Japan.
The purpose of JKAA is to develop and promote JKA Shotokan karate in Australia. The standards taught are of the highest level in keeping with the technical requirements set by JKA HQ.
Our goal is to maintain these standards, to grow and to help all our students achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Karate helps develop strength, coordination and agility and can be practised at any time and in any place, for any length of time by men, women and children. It requires no special equipment.
Karate fosters the development of spiritual qualities: courage, courtesy, integrity, humility and self-control.
FIND A JKAA BRANCH
We have 22 branches spread across Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia.
Our instructors are highly qualified and are certified by the JKA HQ based in Tokyo, Japan.
Visit our Branches page to find a JKAA branch near you!
- JKA North Melbourne Branch – Monthly Senbon Geiko Training
- JKAA Dan and Accreditation Results 2020
- JKA Caloundra & JKA Sunshine Coast new Dojo locations and training schedules!!!!
- JKA Sunshine Coast started online karate class….
- Postponement of “Funakoshi Gichin Cup 15th Karate World Championship Tournament”